Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Quest for Clear Skin

Recently while browsing around in Target, I found myself in the skin care aisle. My face has been breaking out lately, and I figured there was no time like the present to take care of it. Just the day before I had asked someone with seemingly perfect skin for her secret. She told me that the key was a really good cleanser, toner and moisturizer. Embarrassingly enough, I had none of those.

So now I'm in Target, staring at all of the choices and I'm confused. What brand do I go with? Am I a dry skin type, oily or combo? What's the difference between a toner and an astringent?
Luckily an employee was there; working for the Boots UK skin care company. Although she also had no idea what the difference between an astringent and toner is, she was able to tell me that I had oily/combo skin (dry T-zone). She directed me to the Boots Expert "Anti Blemish" line. The line was really affordable, and the salesgirl did a great job mentioning all of the wonderful things about the products. The Anti Blemish products are made with willowbark; which is what salicylic acid is derived from. In it's pure willowbark form, its not as potent but still clears up the skin without causing any redness.

I left the store with the foam cleanser, toner and serum. I also bought some cotton rounds to apply the toner with. Altogether I spent about $24 dollars,which is a lot less than I was expecting to pay.


I have really sensitive skin, so I can say that I've been pleasantly surprised that there has been no redness, tenderness or stinging. The packaging is simple and not too juvenile. Because having acne past your teen years is bad enough. Flashy, childish designs on your facial products just add insult to injury.

The foam comes out easily enough with a single pump, and that's all you need to get your entire face lathered up really well. After rinsing, I dab the toner unto a cotton round and apply it directly onto my blemishes first. Then I add more toner and wipe my whole face. After letting that sink in, I use the serum. Again, only one pump is needed to cover the face. The serum is pretty water-ey, but I have noticed that it works. The only thing that caught me off guard was the fact that the sales girl didn't mention that I'd have to buy a moisturizer to use after the serum. I use Oil of Olay with SPF.

 I use all 4 products (foam, toner, serum and moisturizer) every day, morning and night. Today makes one complete week, and already my face looks amazing. Friends, family and co-workers have been complimenting me on my radiant skin, and I see the difference every time I look in the mirror. I'll definitely be continuing to use these products as I move forward with my beauty routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...