Monday, January 17, 2011

Welcome to the year of the double deuce

Last week was my 22nd birthday. It felt a little strange to be in a celebratory mood, considering we'd just lost our cat the week prior, and my birthday was the one year anniversary of the devastating earthquake in Haiti.

Still, my family and friends thought it was important that I got out and enjoyed myself. So, that's exactly what I did. For an entire week I reveled in all my birthday glory. On the Saturday before my birthday, I hung out with some friends, old and new:
Tasha and I
Janelle, myself and Karen
(No idea why my mouth is open that wide btw. Caught mid laugh? )

On Monday, I had a family "girls day" with my mom and grandmother.
Red Lobster with the family



On my actual birthday, my best friend planned out a secret and special day. We met up in the city, and ate dinner at a skeevy "Thai" place. Note the quotation marks around Thai... It was quite the experience. After leaving dinner, we headed uptown, and I saw what my bestie had up her sleeves. Amazing seats to the musical "Wicked"
Can you see the excitement?!


I'd always wanted to see it, and neither one of us had yet. We both enjoyed it
One of the best bday gifts, from one of the best people I know

The Saturday after my birthday was my official dinner get-together. I spent my night laughing & having fun with some of my closest friends. Seeing everyone come out to celebrate with me, and everyone getting along was the end to all my festivities. 

Group shot, with some hidden faces

At the restaurant, I got the 'birthday package' which included a sombrero, shot of tequila and slice of cake with a sparkler in it. One of the most perfect pictures from the night captured just how much fun we had 

That sparkler-candle was a doozy. LOL


I want to thank everyone that came out that night, everyone that wished me a happy birthday, and everyone that I've encountered that's taught me a lesson. 

Peace & blessings
-Shaquana Monet

2 comments:

  1. aww seems like you had so much fun! i love the pic with you and your sombrero and shot in one hand LOL... Glad you had a good birthday! my 22nd is february 8th and i hope i have just as much fun as you did :) SN: you have a really GOOD best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that picture is one of my faves from the night. Happy early birthday, and I'm sure it will be awesome. Especially if you have great friends to celebrate it with [=

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...